Many BCH Camping
customers associate autumn with walking and trekking in fresh temperatures while taking in the stunning autumnal colours that nature gifts us every year. Say what you like about summer but there’s nothing like walking into a pub with a roaring fire or a café that serves a soothing hot chocolate after a long walk in the cold air.
So, are you autumn ready? Are you prepared for putting your best foot forward? If you are, have you decided what that foot (and the other one) will be wearing this year?
Look no further than the Scarpa Rush Trek GTX walking boot, available in both men's
Scarpa was established in Italy in 1938 by Rupert Edward Cecil Lee Guinness, 2nd Earl of Iveagh, an Anglo-Irish businessman. The Scarpa name was created as an acronym of Calzaturieri Asolani Riuniti Pedemontana Anonima (Association of Footwear Manufacturers from the mountain area of Asolo).
After changes in ownership, by the 1970s the company’s exports reached 60% of their production. Throughout the 1980s the company continued its expansion across the globe with added high altitude, trekking, mountain, climbing and ski collections.
1996 saw the move to new 6000 sqm headquarters and the official opening of the moulding department. In 2006 there was a turning point for climbing boots with the introduction of the new XTension and Bridge systems, known for high performance, protection, power, precision and safety. The range was developed in collaboration with Heinz Mariacher, a notorious mountaineer and climber with 20 years' experience in the research and development of climbing footwear.
By 2018, the 80th
anniversary of its inception, Scarpa was the footwear supplier of choice for many athletes and skiing and outdoor enthusiasts. Today, the company continues to innovate off the back of its impressive history and its focus on the future of activity footwear.
What does Scarpa’s history tell us? Any walker or climber wearing Scarpa boots benefits from the expertise and high quality production of one of outdoor footwear’s global market leaders.
The Scarpa Rush Trek GTX walking boot
The Scarpa Rush Trek GTX boot is described by Scarpa as the ‘new benchmark for all day long and short mountain hikes’. So, it’s a bit of an allrounder. When designing the Rush Trek boot, Scarpa’s focus was on comfort and technology to reduce foot fatigue, while remaining solid and stable with a lightweight feel.
That’s a lot to cram into a boot! Let’s take a closer look.
Features of the Scarpa Rush Trek GTX boot
The Rush Trek GTX is considered to be most suitable for fell and hill walking. It is a versatile mid boot with the combined features of running shoes and lightweight boots.
If you enjoy a fast pace, but need the robust platform of a sturdy boot, the Rush Trek GTX is ideal.
In the worst of weather, your feet are protected from the elements by the GORE-TEX lining while the comfortably cushioned sole brings the comfort and necessary hold when taking off.
Here are the technical features:
- PRESA® sole – for grip and durability. The sole is made from a high-grip and durable compound. There is a pronounced heel that helps to brake on descents and grip when climbing.
- IKS platform – for comfort and support. The 5 shock-absorbing domes in the IKS (Interactive Kinetic System) technology support the weight of the body while hiking.
- Leather upper – with bonded construction. The leather upper is waterproof, breathable, abrasion-resistant and durable.
- Autofit collar – for comfort around the ankle. The padded Autofit 3D ankle collar provides ankle support, protection and comfort. It stabilises the foot by wrapping the ankle and following its movement.
- GORE-TEX lining – for foot protection. The highly breathable membrane of the GORE-TEX lining disperses heat and protects the foot from water. It also makes the sweat that has been created inside the shoe evaporate quickly.
- Speed lacing system – for all round comfort and modern styling.
- Outer shoe material: Leather, polyester, polyurethane, natural and synthetic textiles
- Shoe lining material: ePTFE, natural and synthetic textiles
- Shoe sole material: Rubber, EVA, miscellaneous material
Available from BCH Camping
The Scarpa Rush Trek GTX boot is available from BCH Camping as follows:
– sizes 42 – 47 in titanium and lime
- Sizes 37 – 41 in mid grey and aqua
Get in touch
The team at BCH Camping
can give you great advice on all aspects of footwear
and backpack travel essentials
to get you ready for some autumn walking.
If you would like any further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling 01225 764977.
Remember, the adventure starts at BCH Camping