Are you a trail runner who also likes to go on walks and hikes across our glorious countryside? Are you a walker or hiker who sometimes likes to go trail running?
There is often a crossover in the requirements of the footwear worn for walking, hiking and trail running. Yes, for a long hike you may choose different footwear than you would for a run, but in some cases both activities can be undertaken in one outing so the chosen footwear needs to be versatile and up to the challenge.
You may also only want to invest in one quality pair of shoes for walking and running rather than having different pairs to choose from for each activity. So, what kind of footwear do you choose?
The shape of the shoe, its weight, material, structure and its waterproof rate will all have a bearing on whether it is suitable for hiking or trail running, or both.
At BCH Camping
we have found that the SCARPA Rush Trail GTX
is a walking or hiking shoe that is also a favourite amongst trail runners.
What is trail running?
Trail running combines running and hiking, in that the runs include steep gradients. Trail running, as the name suggests, involves runs that are on hiking trails, not on a paved surface. In a nutshell, trail running is more technical than road running, and the footwear needs to rise to the challenge of challenging terrain. The trail runner will encounter changing surfaces, hills and brooks so the footwear should be waterproof and durable.
The SCARPA Rush Trail GTX walking shoe
The SCARPA Rush Trail GTX was built for speed and endurance, but its support and structure strikes the perfect balance between long trail runs and light hiking.
For trail runners, the major benefit of the SCARPA Rush Trail GTX shoe is that it was designed to help reduce foot fatigue on long runs, with comfort as a priority. By providing the platform for agility alongside high spec protection, this is the perfect shoe for trail runners and walkers alike.
The Rush Trail GTX shoe is the low cut version of the Rush TRK shoe from SCARPA to allow for freedom of movement. As a trail running shoe it is designed to help prevent injury and provide more stability to protect the ankles, legs and knees. It also offers more traction on a range of surfaces.
Lightweight, the SCARPA Rush Trail GTX shoe is appealing for weight-conscious hikers who like to walk quickly and light, and trail runners who enjoy the versatility of being able to run on wet and dirty trails.
The features of the SCARPA Rush Trail GTX shoe are all designed around speed, comfort and agility.
- Insole - DTS TPU Frame. The Dynamic Stabiliser Torsion frame made from thermoplastic urethane gives the rearfoot stability and torsion control
- Lining - GORE-TEX Extended Comfort Technology. The GORE-TEX technology is durably waterproof, highly breathable and non-insulated for high heat loss.
- Midsole - 3D EVA-CM-8mm drop. The dual-density EVA midsole acts as an insulated layer between the foot and the cold outdoor surface, while the TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) heel frame provides cushion and support.
- Sole - SCARPA Free-Dome. The outsole with enhanced rocker provides agility on the trail.
- Upper – a combination of fabric, TPU and micro-nubuck. The thermoplastic polyurethane membrane provides flexibility, while the micro-nubuck features bring durability and design flair.
- Toe box – reinforced toe box for added protection.
- Sock-Fit construction – with the trail runner in mind, the shoe construction reduces bulk and enhances the fit around the foot.
- Weight - 400g (1 size 42 shoe)
The SCARPA Rush Trail GTX shoe is not only ideal for walking, hiking and trail running. The lightweight design, modern technology and excellent comfort make it a perfect choice for other leisure pursuits and for casual daywear.
Get in touch
The team at BCH Camping
can give you great advice on all aspects of footwear
and backpack travel essentials
to prepare you for hiking, walking and trail running.
If you would like any further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling 01225 764977.
Remember, the adventure starts at BCH Camping